Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. is a French luxury sports car manufacturer. The company was founded in 1998 as a subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group and is based in Molsheim, Alsace, France. The original Bugatti automobile brand was established by Ettore Bugatti in 1909 at Molsheim and built sports, racing and luxury cars.

Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. makes some of the world’s fastest and most expensive production cars. In July 2021, it was announced that Bugatti Automobiles and the sports car operations of Rimac Automobili will be merged to form Bugatti Rimac, a joint venture between Rimac Group and Porsche AG. The newly formed Rimac Group will be the majority shareholder with a 55% stake in Bugatti Rimac, while Porsche AG will hold the remaining 45% stake, as well as a 24% stake in Rimac Group.

Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S.
1 Chateau Saint Jean
Dorlisheim Molsheim, 67120



The Bugatti brand originally appeared at the beginning of the 20th century. A single-minded focus on the pursuit of speed resulted in the brand’s dominance of the Grand Prix circuit in the years between World War I and World War II. The traditional factory in the Alsace region of France closed in 1956, several years after the passing of the firm’s founder, Ettore Bugatti.

Bugatti relaunched in 1998 in Molsheim, France with the Veyron 16.4 that rolled off the assembly line several years later and production ended in 2015 with 450 Veyrons sold. The new model, Bugatti Chiron made its world debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show.

Old Logo
Bugatti, Molsheim
Scroll to Top