Aston Martin’s vision is to be the world’s most desirable, ultra-luxury British brand, creating the most exquisitely addictive performance cars. Founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford, Aston Martin is acknowledged as an iconic global brand synonymous with style, luxury, performance, and exclusivity. Aston Martin fuses the latest technology, time honoured craftsmanship and beautiful styling to produce a range of critically acclaimed luxury models including the Vantage, DB12, DBS, DBX and its first hypercar, the Aston Martin Valkyrie. Aligned with its Racing. Green. sustainability strategy, Aston Martin is also developing alternatives to the internal combustion engine, with an ambition to create the world’s most thrilling and highly desirable electric performance cars, the first of which is targeted for launch in 2025.
|Aston Martin Cars (Latest)
Aston Martin Cars (2014-2023)
Aston Martin Archives (1905-2015)
Aston Martin Photographs (1914-2000)
Aston Martin Lagonda Limited
Warwickshire, CV35 0DB
Aston Martin Lagonda
Based in Gaydon, England, Aston Martin Lagonda designs, creates, and exports cars which are sold in 56 countries around the world. Its sports cars are manufactured in Gaydon with its luxury DBX SUV range proudly manufactured in St Athan, Wales. The company is on track to deliver net-zero manufacturing facilities by 2030.
Lagonda was founded in 1899 and Aston Martin in 1913. The two brands came together in 1947 when both were purchased by the late Sir David Brown, and the company is now listed on the London Stock Exchange as Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc.
2020 saw Lawrence Stroll become the company’s Executive Chairman, alongside significant new investment, a move that led to Aston Martin’s return to the pinnacle of motorsport with the Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team and commenced new era for the iconic British marque.
The first Aston Martins were created with a distinctive and individual character, handcrafted to the highest of standards, and capable of exceeding all performance expectations. Over the decades, the marque has stayed true to the values of Power, Beauty and Soul, creating some of the most iconic British sports cars of the post-war era.
Aston Martin have been independently owned since 2007 by a consortium of two major investment houses: Investment Dar & Adeem Investment based in Kuwait. The Aston Martin business is led by CEO, Dr. Ulrich Bez. Aston Martin has a fast-expanding dealership network of 126 dealers representing in 27 countries.
10 things you didn’t know about Aston Martin
- There have been 10 different versions of the iconic Aston Martin badge. The current version was introduced in 2003
- The Aston Martin wings badge has its origins in ancient Egypt – derived from the open wings of the scarab beetle
- In 100 years Aston Martin has produced just over 60,000 sports cars
- It is accurately estimated that more than 90% of all Aston Martins built are still in existence
- Aston Martin has manufactured cars from seven locations in the past 100 years
- Aston Martin’s global HQ at Gaydon, the company’s first purpose-built home, celebrates its tenth anniversary in 2013
- The Aston Martin Owners Club was founded in 1935 at The Grafton Hotel, London
- The One-77 hypercar is Aston Martin’s most exclusive, powerful and expensive production model to date
- It took 2,700 man hours to produce each One-77
- The painting process for the current Aston Martin range takes between 50 and 70 hours per car